Answered By: APUS Librarians Last Updated: Nov 25, 2018 Views: 189
There are several ways of locating a professional organization or association. If you know the name of the organization/association a simple Google search will usually bring up their website.
You can also search these websites using the industry type, occupation, or association name:
- Professional Association Finder l CareerOneStop
- List of Professional Associations & Organizations - JobStars
- Directory of Associations: Association Directory - Trade Association
Note: Organizations and associations listed on these sites may not include the web address (URL). In this case, copy the name of the organization/association and search for it via Google.
To locate a source on an organization/association website, look for publications listed on their website. These could be located under such categories as
See these FAQs for information on citing a website or web page/article:
- Where do I find all of the information I need to cite a website?
- How do I cite a web page that doesn't list a publication date?
- What's the difference between a website and a web page?