Answered By: APUS Librarians Last Updated: Jun 02, 2023 Views: 12759
Your style guide will help you format the body of your paper (margins, headings, page numbers, etc.) as you write it, but it can be helpful to refer to an example to be sure that you’re on the right track.
Find sample papers for each writing style below:
BLUEBOOK: Legal Studies students should refer to the APUS Legal Studies Program Writing Guide.
TURABIAN: Turabian is based on the Chicago Manual of Style, so you can feel confident in referring to it for format guidelines. If you have the hard copy of Turabian, look at Appendixes A.1 General Format Requirements and A.2 Format Requirements for Specific Elements.
If you are working on a research project proposal or thesis, the End of Program Assessment Manual for Graduate Studies (EOP Manual) will guide you in formatting aspects of your paper that may not be specified in your style guide. The current EOP Manual can be downloaded here.
- Chapter I: Scholarly Research, Copyright, and Ethical Conduct
- Chapter II: Responsible Conduct of Research
- Chapter III: Master's Comprehensive Examination
- Chapter IV: Master's Capstone: Thesis Option
- Chapter V: Masters Capstone: Creative/Applied Project
- Chapter VI: Master's Capstone: Practicum & Critical Reflection Paper
- Chapter VII: Master's Capstone: Portfolio & Critical Reflection Paper
- Chapter VIII: Program Director Role in the End of Program Assessment
- Chapter IX: Faculty Role in the End of Program Assessment
- Chapter X: University Declarations and Archiving
- Appendix 2: Sample of Copyright Page
- Appendix 3: Sample of Dedication Page (Optional)
- Appendix 4: Sample of Acknowledgements Page (Optional)
- Appendix 5: Sample of the Abstract
- Appendix 6: Sample of the Table of Contents
- Appendix 7: Sample of List of Tables
- Appendix 8: Sample of List of Figures
- Appendix 9: Sample of Permission to Quote or Reproduce Copyrighted Material Letter
- Appendix 10: Sample of IRB Approval Letter
If you have any questions about the policies or information provided in the EOP Manual, contact GraduateStudies@apus.edu
- Writing@APUS' Graduate Writing section: look under "A Focused Look" to find a link to "The Research Proposal."
- SAGE Project Planner’s Writing Up includes tips on writing the various sections of your research proposal and thesis.
- How should I format my research paper, research proposal or thesis?
- Where can I find examples of APUS student papers?