Answered By: Judith Jablonski Last Updated: Jul 24, 2017 Views: 394
Formatting in Microsoft Word is considered one of the basic technology skills required of all APUS students. General information on how to use Microsoft Word is available in that software's Help function.
The Microsoft website also provides this user assistance:
- Basic tasks in Word 2010
- Create a Document
- APA Style Research Paper Template*
- MLA Style Research Paper Template*
- APA, MLA, Chicago – automatically format bibliographies*
- How to number chapters, appendixes, and pages in documents that contain both chapter and appendix headings in Word*
*Although these info pages are from Microsoft Support, you should be sure to check the template information against the actual style guide in question. Style guidelines change and the templates may not be up to date. Correct formatting is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
APA Running Head: See these info pages from Microsoft Support on how to do this:
- Delete or change a header or footer on a single page (Applies To: Word 2016 Word 2013 Word 2010 Word 2007 Word Online)
- Delete a header or footer from a single page in Word 2016 for Mac
- NOTE for Graduate students: The End of Program Assessment Manual for Graduate Studies (a.k.a. EOP Manual) states there should be no running head on the title page of the graduate capstone paper.