Answered By: APUS Librarians Last Updated: Sep 24, 2019 Views: 264
The Annotated U.S. Code (U.S. Code Service or USCS) can be found in our library's Nexis Uni database:
1. On the Nexis Uni home page, click "Menu" (in the upper left corner). Click "All Sources" in the menu that drops down.
2. On the left side of the page, look in the "Category" options for "Statutes & Legislation" (you may need to click "More" to see it). Click that option.
3. In the alphabetical list toward the top of the page, click "U".
4. Choose the USCS link that you need to browse or search.
While our Nexis Uni subscription does not include the Thomson Reuters publication American Law Reports (ALR), there are law reviews available in Nexis Uni.
Follow the first step above, then:
1. In the category menu on the left side of the page, choose "Law Reviews and Journals".
2. You can now search by keyword. Notice that you can use additional filters on the left side of the screen to focus your search by jurisdiction, topic or publisher. You can also use the alphbetical menu across the top of the page to browse for a specific publication.
We also suggest that you visit the library's Legal Studies Program Guide: https://apus.libguides.com/LEGAL. It will link you to all of the most relevant subscription research tools, as well as the best of the open (free) web.
LexisNexis Lexis Nexis