Answered By: APUS Librarians Last Updated: Oct 28, 2016 Views: 179
Students have access to the official versions of the Chicago Manual of Style and The Bluebook as well as the abbreviated APUS ePress MLA and APA style guides.
Click here to access: http://apus.libguides.com/APUS_ePress/style_guides
We do not have a separate version of the Turabian guide (see note below). Turabian, however, is based on the Chicago guide, so if you don't have your own copy of Turabian, check the Chicago guide.
Please note that the APUS ePress APA and MLA editions are not the complete guides. Neither the official APA, MLA, or Turabian style guides are available in an institutional version from their publishers. This means we cannot license them for student use.
You are free to purchase your own copies of the APA, MLA, and Turabian style guides directly from their respective publishers or from the bookseller of your choice.
- APA style guide (The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th edition)
- Available in Kindle only (no Nook).
- Kindle eReader not required. Amazon provides free Kindle reading apps for tablet, smartphone, or computer.
- MLA style guide (MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers / Edition 7)
- Only available in print format (with this website access after purchase).
- No Kindle or Nook or other eBook versions at this time.
- [From the MLA Website] The seventh edition combines a fully updated print volume with a complementary Web site. The site provides
- The full text of the print volume of the MLA Handbook
- Over two hundred additional examples
- Several research project narratives—stories, with sample papers, that illustrate the steps successful students take in researching and writing papers
- Searching of the entire site, including the full text of the MLA Handbook
- Continuous access throughout the life of the seventh edition of the MLA Handbook
- Turabian style guide (A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, 8th edition)
- Available on Kindle and Nook. B&N (Nook) also provides free reading apps for tablet, smartphone, or computer.
These guides will help you format your papers (margins, headings, pagination) and provide citation examples for your references, bibliography or works cited page.