Answered By: Judith Jablonski Last Updated: Dec 09, 2016 Views: 71
To learn more about table format and captioning, consult your program’s style guide . Here's where to look, depending on which guide you are using:
- APA: Chapter 5: Displaying Results
- Bluebook: No information on table formatting included. Consult your instructor.
- Chicago: Chapter 3: Illustrations and Tables [APUS login credentials required.]
- MLA: MLA Style Central web site: Formatting a Research Paper
- Turabian: Chapter 8: Presenting Evidence in Tables and Figures
See also the "Presenting Data" page on the library's Writing@APUS website section for Graduate Writing. This page has two sections:
- Presenting Data: including info on qualitative and quantitative data presentation
- Writing About the Findings: focuses on writing about the results of the data analysis, rather than how to do data analysis.
Here's how to locate:
- After logging in to the library (faculty login info; student login info), hover over the Resources & Services tab to access the drop down menus.You will see the link to the Writing@APUS site in the far-right column at the bottom of the link list.
- On the Writing@APUS home page, scroll down to the navigation icons. Click on the Graduate Writing link.
- Under the "A Focused Look" heading, click on the "Presenting Data" link!