Answered By: Judith Jablonski Last Updated: May 17, 2017 Views: 417
When writing any research paper assignment, you should rely on your degree program’s preferred style guide to help you format the body of your text: margins, headings, page numbers, references page, citations, etc.
See formatting recommendations for each style guide used at APUS:
- See Section 2 of the Chicago Manual of Style Online: Manuscript Preparation, Manuscript Editing, and Proofreading ()
- Turabian is based on the Chicago Manual of Style, so you can feel confident in referring to it for format guidelines. If you have the hard copy of Turabian, look at Appendixes A.1 General Format Requirements and A.2 Format Requirements for Specific Elements.
If you are working on a research project proposal or thesis, the End of Program Assessment Manual for Graduate Studies (EOP Manual) will guide you in formatting aspects of your paper that may not be specified in your style guide. The EOP Manual can be downloaded here.
- Chapters 2 -5 explain the process for thesis and capstone options, from proposal to final submission.
- Appendixes 1- 3 list the required sections of the thesis or capstone, and describe what those sections should contain. The remaining Appendixes will demonstrate the correct way to format the various pieces of front matter:
- Appendix 4: Title Page
- Appendix 5: Sample of Copyright Page
- Appendix 6: Sample of Dedication Page
- Appendix 7: Sample of Acknowledgments Page
- Appendix 8: Sample of Abstract of the Thesis
- Appendix 9: Sample of a Table of Contents
- Appendix 10: Sample of a List of Tables
- Appendix 11: Sample of a List of Figures
If you have any questions about the policies or information provided in the EOP Manual, contact GraduateStudies@apus.edu.
- I am having problems formatting my paper in Word. Where can I find help?
- Where can I find a sample research paper, research proposal or thesis?
- Where can I have my paper proofread or reviewed?
- Does the library have a writing center or a writing help tutorial?
- Where is the Graduate Writing page in Writing@APUS?