Answered By: Christy Cechman Last Updated: Mar 30, 2017 Views: 131
First, be sure that you have Mendeley Desktop loaded on your system. To download, go to these links:
- Mendeley Desktop - Windows
- Mendeley Desktop - Mac
- Mendeley Desktop - Linux
- Mendeley for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (Opens in the iTunes App Store)
To save content from the library’s databases into Mendeley, you must first install the Mendeley Web Importer Bookmarklet. The importer allows you to import content from academic databases (and other web sources).
Drag the “Save to Mendeley” button onto your web browser’s toolbar. (Be sure to enable the Bookmarks Toolbar option.)
- You must be signed in to Mendeley before saving items.
- After completing your search, when you find an article you want to save, click on its title.
- Click on the Save to Mendeley button in the browser’s Taskbar.
- Review the details of the article you just saved. If it is correct, click the SAVE button. (When you sync with the Mendeley Desktop, the newly saved articles will appear in the Recently Added area.)
NOTE: Mendeley attempts to include PDFs and associated files when possible.
For help with Mendeley, see their information at the following sites:
- Mendeley Support: http://support.mendeley.com/
- Mendeley Videos & Tutorials: https://community.mendeley.com/guides/videos
- Mendeley Help Guides: https://community.mendeley.com/guides