Answered By: APUS Librarians Last Updated: Jun 17, 2017 Views: 63
If you click the library's chat button when it's online and it appears to connect, but no one answers (or the chat suddenly disconnects), it may be because:
- Your internet connection was briefly down.
- Your browser is caching the chat widget and interfering with a stable connection to the chat server.
- You launched chat just as a chat shift ended. See the LibChat hours (in green) here.
The chat service will record your chat attempt, and a librarian will follow up with you (as long as you provided an email address). However, here is what our chat service provider recommends to prevent:
- Use Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer 11 or higher.
- Internet Explorer 9, in particular, has proven problematic with chat. If you have been using it, you will need to try one of the browsers above to chat.
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Check your internet connection. If you are at home and are having consistent problems with low signal or dropped connection, you may need to call your internet service provider for help.
But, most importantly, don't forget that you can also reach librarians by email, text and Adobe Connect.