Answered By: APUS Librarians Last Updated: Nov 23, 2016 Views: 157
The library's website (http://www.apus.edu/Online-Library/) is a secure site, limited to AMU/APU students and faculty. To access the library's site, students and faculty must first log into campus or the classroom, then click the APUS Library link provided there (see an example here). This is the only authenticated (and reliable) route to the library's secure site.
This means that:
- You cannot bookmark a page on the library's www.apus.edu/Online-Library/ domain.
- If you wish to share a page, even inside the classroom (e.g. in an announcement, a forum or a lesson), you must provide the path, rather than trying to copy and paste the url.
Let's look at an example: the Getting Started with Research page. While the page does have a normal-looking url (http://www.apus.edu/Online-Library/online-research/search/getting-started.html), if you link directly to it (or bookmark it), you will probably be routed to the staff login page.
Instead, you will need to take these steps to reach it (or provide them to your students or classmates):
- Click to the library's secure website via the link in your classroom.
- Hover your mouse over ONLINE RESEARCH.
- In the menu that drops down, look beneath SEARCH and click "Getting Started with Research."
To save space, you could write the path this way: Classroom Library Link > ONLINE RESEARCH > SEARCH > Getting Started with Research.
Or, provide a screen capture, like the one below! Click to view larger.